Friday, December 24, 2010

THE VERDICT IS IN! BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP



 Wonderful party tonight with my best and most wonderful friends and their children.  When I say "children" I mean kids ranging from 15 to 26 years old.  How awesome it is to see these precious little people pretty close to being grown up now (If any of us really grow up!  Not me!)  Seriously, I enjoyed talking to each and every one of them tonight.  They are some of the most amazing people I know and these kids WILL make the world a better place!   Wonderful, wonderful  young adults that I have had the privilege to know.  Keep it up kids!  (You know who you are)
Anyway - ran out of time and took one appetizer tonight.  The Buffalo Chicken Dip!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Original recipe here from Taste of Home
     
·                                  2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
·                                 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
·                                 1 cup Ranch dressing
·                                 3/4 cup pepper sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot®)
·                                 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese



    Our version (Thank you Kaki)   In place of canned chicken:
         
      2 packages (9 ounce) Perdue Oven Roasted Chicken Breasts (In the Deli aisle)
         (OR get a Costco roasted chicken)  instead of canned chicken - seriously? Canned chicken?  What were you thinking?   
      
       I am happy to report that the Buffalo Chicken Dip was a HUGE success.  We served it with Tostito Scoops and turns out the only reason any dip was left was because they ran out of chips!  Big favorite and we have a list of friends that want recipe emailed to them  Gotta warn you guys - it has a real kick to it :) Love it!    
      But don't forget to check out the guacamole recipe - not too shabby!  One of our favorites   We would have made it also - just got lazy   Actually not lazy - just busy
      And of course this dish has a way to go before it replaces my favorite baby - Creme de Menthe Oreo Fudge Pie

      Happy Holidays to All!


                                                                             
       

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I'm definitely going to have to give your version a try. I love the idea of using one of the fresh rotisserie chicken from Costco!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you are here! Please leave a comment or note or whatever it takes so I can get to know you too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover