Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pillow Day!

Today was pillow day for me.  And it feels soooo good to finally start using some of the fabric I have been accumulating.   One of my favorites is this one with pink and green animal/reptile silhouettes. 
 It is similar to one I used on an old Lonestar chair that I bought at Restore for $5.00.  And, it was my first time using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!
   I love both these fabrics and think they would be adorable in a little girl's room.   The pattern design is something you would expect more in a boy's room and that is one reason I love it!   
Okay, so, back to my pillows.  I made two with the first fabric.  The 18" x 18" pillow back was made with painter's drop cloth and has a zipper in the back.  My 14" square pillow is an envelope pillow using the same fabric on the back.    They are different because I am experimenting a bit here.  (More to come)
Not the best picture - I will replace it soon....  And put on your shades for the next pillow.  I love this fabric - it is so happy cheerful!  (For some reason it looks a little "Dr. Seussish" to me - and that is all anything takes to catch my eye)  This 18" square pillow is another envelope one.   
 (FYI - the envelope pillow is my favorite to make.  Since I am NOT so great at tutorials, check out this site for instructions. Or, just Google it, as my kids say!)  More pillows and lovely fabrics coming soon......

until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you are here! Please leave a comment or note or whatever it takes so I can get to know you too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover