Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cardboard!


Wait! Don't throw that box in the recycling can just yet!   I'm starting to see cardboard creations pop up, especially on pinterest.  I have loved this stuff ever since I had to make a chair with corrugated cardboard as a project in my few years as a design student.  (First baby came along, hubby decided to go to night school for MBA and so it went on the back burner)   Not complaining - I'm loving my life!
So - I have been hoarding saving corrugated cardboard boxes because I knew I could use them one day.  And like not sending things to the landfill!
Today, I used the Vitatops box that my oldest daughter bought at a great price through Hungry Girl.  (No endorsement here - she really did buy them and loves HG!)  They came in this sturdy box.  So, when I decided to make a cardboard project this was the box!
I cut off one of the box lids (Flaps?  Not sure what you call it)  then scored it every half inch.  
Gently stared turning it into a cylinder


Made three of these in different heights
Recycle a little newspaper here :)
Toss in a little Moss!  Top it with a Flameless Tealight. 

 Then toss a little bit more moss over the light and let it glow! 

  
Party with the BEST!
SUNDAY
I Heart Naptime - Sundae Scoop
The DIY Showoff - DIY Project Parade
Under the Table and Dreaming - Sunday Showcase
Homemaker on a Dime-Creative Bloggers Party & Hop
Flamingo Toes Think Pink Sundays
Sew Many Ways - Sew Darn Crafty
MONDAY
Skip to my Lou-Made by You Mondays
Keeping it Simple - Motivate Me Monday
Polly Want a Crafter - Party Mondays
The Girl Creative - Just Something I whipped Up
DIY Home Sweet Home Project -  More the Merrier Monday
Making the World Cuter-Making the World Cuter Monday
Embellishing Life - Craft Catwalk
Homemaker on a Dime -  Creative Bloggers Party and Hop
Creating my way to Success - A Round Tuit
Dittle Dattle - Amaze Me Monday

TUESDAY
Coastal Charm - Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays
Today's Creative Blog - Get Your Craft On
Mel Dreams Often - 2 for Tuesday
Sunburnt Cow  Handmade Shop - Sunburnt Cow Link Party
Sugar Bee Crafts - Take a Look Tuesday
Nothing But Country - Creative Creations
Rook No.17 -  A Little Birdie Told Me
Ladybug Blessings - Handmade Tuesdays
WEDNESDAY
Creating My Way to Success - Wednesday Blog Hop
Night Owl Crafting - Hoo's Got Talent?
Elements Interiors -  Whassup Wednesday
Handy Man, Crafty Woman-Wicked Awesome Wednesday
seven thirty three - Sugar & Spice and Everythihg Else
Blue Cricket Design - Show and Tell Wednesday
No Minimalist Here - Open House
A Little Tipsy - DIY Under $5 
THURSDAY
Momnivore's Dilemma - Creative Juice Thursday
Somewhat Simple - Strut Your Stuff
The Shabby Chic Cottage - Transformation Thursday
House of Hepworths - Hookin Up with HoH
Fireflies and Jellybeans - Show off Your Stuff
Paisley Passions - Thrilling Thursday
FRIDAY
At the Picket Fence - Inspiration Friday
French Country Cottage - Feathered Nest Fridays
delicate CONSTRUCTION - Delicately Constructed Fridays
My Romantic Home- Show and Tell Friday  
Spunky Junky -  Feature Friday
Chic on a Shoestring-Flaunt It Friday
Fingerprints on the Fridge - Feature Yourself Friday
The Shabby Nest - Frugal Friday 
Simply Designing - Simply Link
Sassy Sites - Free For All Friday
Mommaskindacrafty   - Fantabulous Friday 
It's a Hodge Podge Life - Friday
The Thrifty Groove -  Thrifty Things Friday
SATURDAY
Bacon Time with the Hungry Hungry Hypo - Party Mindie Style
Funky Junk Interiors - Saturday Nite Special
Day & Age Designs - Social Saturdays
SUNDAY
I Heart Naptime - Sundae Scoop

The DIY Showoff - DIY Project Parade
Under the Table and Dreaming - Sunday Showcase
Homemaker on a Dime-Creative Bloggers Party & Hop
Flamingo Toes - Think Pink Sundays

34 comments:

  1. So creative & pretty! Actually looks like strips of wood!

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are so cool!! I want to try this :)

    Visiting from the Flamingo Toes party!

    Blessings,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! Great use of that cardboard!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tutorial! These look so pretty and easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! Those are really clever. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea! You are super talented! It's great to find our space...hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever Clever! What a great, fun idea -- these would be so fun to use for an outdoor party and you wouldn't have to worry about the candles blowing out! Bookmarking this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great up-cycling idea! I love the moss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a creative idea! I'm your newest follower:) Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog at Loving Life. Come back and visit any time:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's cute! I saw a lady build a headboard for her bed out of cardboard. It was so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute idea. These would be great for a garden party. Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Never would have thought that cardboard could look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a neat idea! And so cheap and easy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just featured this in Recognition Day Thursday Please feel free to grab the feature button :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really cute idea, love how they turned out, looks romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Creative and cute...and thrifty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an awesome idea for cheap and it does look like wood! Visiting from At the Picket Fence, thanks for sharing. Might have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so cool- I really like them. I use to make these really cool miniature burlap bags with moss & other forest products. Seeing these reminded me of those & how much fun I had making them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, cardboard can be used for so many things! Thanks for linking this to Wicked Awesome Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this! So creative and clever. :-) Thanks so much for sharing it at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Lisa K
    Thanks Lisa for your sweet comment!
    I tried to email you back but it says you have a no reply.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Couldn't be more frugal than this! I'm definitely going to make a bunch of these!

    Cheers!

    Heather at http://fakeitfrugal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a neat idea! Cute project.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a great idea! Thank you for linking to Sew Woodsy last week! Keep on linking great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very fun idea. I've never made anything that actually looked cute with cardboard. I like how you think!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Mimi! I just thought I would pop over to let you know that I am going to be featuring this post on this weeks Thrifty Things Friday Party!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mimi, this is such a wonderful, creative way to upcycle corrugated cardboard boxes! It's inspiring to watch a humble box transformed into something so artful and functional too.

    Thank you for linking up to "A Little Birdie Told Me..."!

    Yours, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  28. These look so good! I am always looking for fun and creative ways to display candles in.

    ReplyDelete
  29. such a great idea! Don't you just love pinterest?!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I LOVE cardboard crafts! I've made a few of my own on my blog. This one is really cute. Love the moss - really nice touch.

    Thanks so much for linking up at the Sunburnt Cow. I featured you over at Screaming Sardine.

    Cheers,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awesome! Dear Mimi - I think you should rename your blog as creative awesome sweet MiMi!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are super duper fantastic! Thanks for linking up this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you are here! Please leave a comment or note or whatever it takes so I can get to know you too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover