Saturday, October 29, 2011

Purple Purple Golf Ball Holder!

Well, I picked up this old grungy golf ball display case at Goodwill a while back.   And before you come to any conclusions, I am not a golfer.  If you ever see me swinging a club you need to head for cover ASAP!  But, three of my kids are, and it has paid their way through college.  I do love the sport and enjoyed walking courses following my kids for five to six hours a pop!   Anyway, on to the redo...
Here is the piece - I think it was 3 bucks - when I bought it at GW.
oh yea.  It's officially an EWWWW!   
The back was stapled on so it was easy to remove by gently tapping it from the front side.  Then, the fun part - ripping that old green moldy fabric off the board.    Stapled it back on and spray painted away with the Grape paint I used for my Halloween teacup planter  I'm really starting to love this  color...
Started adding some golf balls my kids have collected from other schools and some autographed ones.  And yep - that's my little pumpkin one.  Looks like he is having a big time with his new buddies!   But, wait - it's a little warped and I did not see this at all until this picture.  Grrr.  I'll fix it tomorrow.   Promise...
Isn't it so funny when you think you have something finished to find a big flaw?   Like you, my friends, sometimes we just have to roll with the punches.
Happy Halloween for all!





Linking to:

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I looked all over for a golf ball holder for my son for his July birthday. That's one thing I've never seen in Goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never knew there was a such a thing as a golf ball holder. It is a good day when you learn something new, so I can check that off for the day.

    Goodwill can be a treasure trove. Tomorrow I am bringing some of my unused treastures there. Hopefully, they will get good homes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Club G.W. find! It's so great that you could put it to good use. Love the color. I can't golf to save my life! {Snore.......}

    xoxo
    Kathleen
    http://charmbraceletdiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only you could see the possibilities in a golfball holder! Love the pumpkin golf ball!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Grammy Goodwill
    If I ever see one again I will get it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looks great! So much better now.
    I passed a little blog award along to you--come check it out and pass it along if you like.
    http://craftingintherain.blogspot.com/2011/10/meet-some-new-blogs.html

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you are here! Please leave a comment or note or whatever it takes so I can get to know you too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover