Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Some days really make you think

Every once in a while a day comes along that packs some punch!  Today was all that for me.  It started with the usual cup of coffee and some bleary eyes trying to read the local paper.  And yea, I still love holding a real newspaper in my hands.  It's in my blood and i will tell you about that later  :)
But, I made it into the office earlier than usual in hope of finishing early.  I wanted to spend the afternoon with my sweet pup by my side as I finally had a chance to work on some paint projects.  They are stacking up at an incurable rate here.  
So, I get a call from my youngest daughter, that I have been harassing encouraging to join  pinterest.  Just because I know she would love it.  She wanted an invite from me!   How special is that?   I sent it.  
Then next text was Mom, we are on lockdown.  I texted back but, no response.  Kept texting and texting.  I go online looking and see this tweet   Finally, after an hour,  received an email letting me know she was safe and her classroom building was secure.   Tears of joy but still worried.  
Apparently, somebody spotted a person with what looked like a rifle on campus.   
The school and city police locked it all down securely and went from building to building.  Excellent job by all.
The all clear was given around 1:00.  Turns out it was an UMBRELLA, not an Ak47.   I am very thankful for how the school handled this.   
What spooked me even more was the poor innocent really embarrassed guy was locked down in the same building with my baby girl!  Yea, what if...Life is scary
So......now we have tornado watches in the area tonight.  I can handle that.  
What a day...

6 comments:

  1. Thank goodness it was just an umbrella!
    Karlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is really getting scary...so glad it's just a false alarm! Better be safe than sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it all turned out ok...good to know someone was on alert and reported it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, ECU. My friends go there, and so does my neighbors oldest daughter, SHE FREAKED as well. I'm glad it was just an umbrella! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Mimi, especially the little knob! I need to find time to fix up my breadbox. Hope you had a nice TG!

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, the breadbox comment was misplaced. So glad it was an umbrella in the end, how scary!!

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you are here! Please leave a comment or note or whatever it takes so I can get to know you too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover