Saturday, September 3, 2011

Annie Sloan on Clay Pots

My daughter needed a quick "thank you" gift for a very special couple.  So we bought a lovely fern from a local nursery here in town.  We found the clay pot at Lowe's.  It wasn't very special looking so I pulled out the last bit of my AS Old White and painted the planter.  Added a coat of clear wax and distressed a bit.  (I need to work on my technique here)  She wrote a special note that we attached with some twine we had.  It's sweet and simple but we think it is something they could use anywhere in their lovely home.
I don't know why but I have really enjoyed the Annie Sloan paint on smaller projects like my little birdie planter and the pots for my pink shutter.  





I always love a good party :)
TUESDAY
Charm Bracelet Diva  -Tuesday's Club G.W
Coastal Charm - Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays
Today's Creative Blog - Get Your Craft On
Mel Dreams Often - 2 for Tuesday
Chef in Training - Tuesday Talent Show
The Lettered Cottage - How To's Day
Tip Junkie - Tip Me Tuesday
Sugar Bee Crafts - Take a Look Tuesday
Nothing But Country - Creative Creations
Rook No.17 -  A Little Birdie Told Me
Ladybug Blessings - Handmade Tuesdays
WEDNESDAY
Creating My Way to Success - Wednesday Blog Hop
Night Owl Crafting - Hoo's Got Talent?
Domestically Speaking - Power of Paint Party
Southern Lovely - Show & Share
Handy Man, Crafty Woman-Wicked Awesome Wednesday
Sister's Stuff - Link Up Wednesday
Bunny Jean's - Bunny Hop Wednesday 
Ginger Snap Crafts - Wow me Wednesday
Bunny Jean's - Bunny Hop Wednesday 
Primitive and Proper - Piece of Work Wednesday
Blue Cricket Design - Show and Tell Wednesday
Polka Dots on Parade - Wow Me Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style Wow Us Wednesdays
No Minimalist Here - Open House
Sew Woodsy - What's up Wednesdays
THURSDAY
Momnivore's Dilemma - Creative Juice Thursday
Somewhat Simple - Strut Your Stuff
The Shabby Creek Cottage - Transformation Thursday
A Little Knick Knack- Everything but the Kitchen Sink
Kreative Korner - Tea Time Thursdays
A Creative Princess - It's a Party!
My Repurposed Life - Catch as Catch Can

Saved by Love Creations Thrifty Thursday
House of Hepworths - Hookin Up with HoH
Fireflies and Jellybeans - Show off Your Stuff
Paisley Passions - Thrilling Thursday

11 comments:

  1. So, where would I find this Annie Sloan stuff?? I have heard so much about it. I must try. And from the looks of it, your pot looks great using it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out great! I'll bet they loved it. I like that you added a special touch to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thin it looks wonderful - that's a good gift - I don't have any plants in my house I'm embarassed to say - maybe I'll pick something up the next time I'm out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my,this is adorable! I love the contrast between the chalky paint and the texture of the fern. It will look perfect in any vignette. Such a wonderful gift. Thanks for your loving thoughts on my fringed pillows. Have a great week!~Poppy

    http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That made a really nice spur of the moment gift.

    I will have to check out the bird planter.

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Home to Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm enjoying your blog and your style. Found you at Handy Man Crafty Woman. Thanks for sharing.

    I adore those clay pots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know too much about that paint. I may have to look into it. I do a lot of furniture makeovers. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great project you did (I just commented on the chair you did this week too)

    ASCP for pots? That's a great look!! Wish I would have thought about it :D

    Visiting from Bunny Jean's Bunny Hop Linky Party today,
    ~Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great gift! I would love it if you would share this and/or any other projects you have been up to at Tuesday Talent Show at Chef In Training! Thanks so much and I hope to see you there!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mimi, I love the way the AS Chalk Paint looks on the pot. It definitely upgrades the pot from Lowe's into a piece that looks like it came from a shi shi French boutique!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity at Rook No. 17!

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.S. I'm spotlighting your post on my FB page today!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you are here! Please leave a comment or note or whatever it takes so I can get to know you too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover