Friday, June 10, 2011

Pantone inspired Paint!






Maybe I am so behind the times (and so clueless as usual) but as I was walking through the paint section at Lowe's I saw a display I have never seen before.  And I go there and Home Depot every day  A LOT!   It was a small section of something called My Color paint inspired by Pantone.   Seriously?

  Here is their scoop

MyColor™ inspired by PANTONE® gives consumers a clear and dramatic view of the color palette directly from the container and delivers not too much but just the right amount of paint for small ­projects in a 35 ounce container. This translates to less waste and less strain on the environment.
– Ultra Low VOC, Low Odor
– Factory Precision Color
– Stain Blocking, Self Priming
– Washable Eggshell Finish



MyColor Phantom
Well - needless to say I was as wide eyed as a kid in a candy shop.  New paint =  New adventures!  And of course there is a quart of the color of the year - Honeysuckle!
Just wondering if any of you have tried this paint?   I will be trying one tomorrow - not sure which color because that is a tough decision!   
Did they make the paint containers look like cookie jars on purpose?

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it great finding new paint? I discoverd the hardware store opposite me sells tubes of acrylic paint... I was really excited especially as they were ever so cheap

    That pantone paint paint looks so lovely, I want some of that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of that paint before - hope you have fun with it!

    Hi there
    Just stopped by to let you know that I featured your touch of paris pillow on my round tuit post this week!
    Round Tuit 53
    Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen those before. I'll have to check them out. I'd love to use the turquoise on something (last year's color I think).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mimi,
    Have you tried the paint yet? I was wondering if you liked it. I felt the same way when I saw it for the first time @ Lowes.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sher
    Hi Sher!
    I did actually try it - here's my post http://messymimi.blogspot.com/2011/06/old-pink-shutter-and-chalk-paint-clay.html I used it on a really old shutter from Habitat Restore. I didn't use a primer and had to paint a few coats. It went on a little thinner than some paints - but I am pretty impatient and might not have mixed it up enough. (And it was a really old bare shutter) I really love the color though and am very happy with it. Plus, there is still a lot left and I can't wait to try it on other surfaces.
    If you try it I would love to see what you paint and what you think about it.
    Have a great weekend!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you are here! Please leave a comment or note or whatever it takes so I can get to know you too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover