Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Just Having a Little Fun!



Well here I go AGAIN   and Thank you for being so kind and patient with my randomness.!  Sometimes we all need to let loose and just have some fun.  I do that every so often - just come up with random fun laughy stuff. 
 Last one was my Monopoly Money bucket that put smiles on lots of faces.  THAT makes me happy. 
Part of that random kick was making a moss covered piggy bank.  Don't know why I ever thought of it - but I did  It was on my mind and I couldn't stop until I tried.  You know that drill - at least if you are a stubborn Taurus that never gives up like me  :)  Part of being random is not knowing how in the world you ever thought of it but having fun with it anyway!
It all started here
What I used - a Piggy Bank bought at Marshall's on their clearance isle - $2 and a $2 bag of moss from Walmart  Then add some glue gun magic!
Wrapped wax paper around a piece of cardboard to put in the money slot so it doesn't get covered up with moss   Not a good thing for a Piggy Bank!
Drizzle that glue over a section then pat some moss over it.  I pretty much covered a 1 to 2 inch section at a time.  Work fast but be careful if it is a hot glue gun.  Not fun getting hot glue on your fingers.  Trust me.
Here's my baby!  So Cute  He is getting  a special place in my house
Here on top of our piano
Ready for some Monyay :)  Monopoly Money!
Next up really quick cheap redos!

Strawberry basket from my favorite farm.  Ya think I would be able to toss it?  Not!  Sprayed that baby with Valspar Mediterranean   Making something happen with it soon :)

It's sitting on top of 
the shutters I bought at Restore for $1 each) I'm  testing chalk paint vs. homemade chalkboard paint  (semi gloss latex with unsanded grout)  A work in progress but so far I like it.  Not as smooth and creamy as Annie Sloan but it covers well.   Let's see what happens  :)




THURSDAY
Momnivore's Dilemma - Creative Juice Thursday
Somewhat Simple - Strut Your Stuff
The Shabby Chic Cottage - Transformation Thursday
House of Hepworths - Hookin Up with HoH
Fireflies and Jellybeans - Show off Your Stuff
Paisley Passions - Thrilling Thursday

FRIDAY
delicate CONSTRUCTION - Delicately Constructed Fridays
Spunky Junky -  Feature Friday
Chic on a Shoestring-Flaunt It Friday
Fingerprints on the Fridge - Feature Yourself Friday
The Shabby Nest - Frugal Friday 
Mommaskindacrafty   - Fantabulous Friday 
Todays Creative Blog - Get Your Craft On
It's a Hodge Podge Life - Friday
SATURDAY
Bacon Time with the Hungry Hungry Hypo - Party Mindie Style
Funky Junk Interiors - Saturday Nite Special




4 comments:

  1. Now that brings some whimsy of the outdoors to that piggy...

    Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pig is cute. There is something very endearing about him.

    I am a slacker when it comes to actually following-through with ideas. But, I always have good intentions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mossy piggy bank is such a fun idea! Thanks for dropping by L'Heure Bleue At Home.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you are here! Please leave a comment or note or whatever it takes so I can get to know you too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover