Friday, May 13, 2011

My First Trip to IKEA!


My oldest son just closed on his first house the other week. (April 29th)  He has a few things leftover from his college apartment but needs lots more!  {Seriously this is a huge WIP!}   
So, on Saturday we took a road trip to the IKEA in Charlotte.  
And all I can say is WOW!  I thought I was going to EXPLODE!   
First off, it feels like you are walking into a freaking football stadium
 It's HUGE
Then, as they cleverly designed, you just keep walking your way through this massive creation.  
3488917568_9a1825de99.jpg_v_0
here
3488105647_a7e4c4628f.jpg_v_0
and here
3488952698_91a1a6774e.jpg_v_0
and here
3489014992_490f5d0ecf.jpg_v_0
more here

He picked out a few things and we each bought $4.99 Woks.  
Broke the Bank here :)
PYRA Wok black Diameter: 13 ¾ " Height: 4 "  Diameter: 35 cm Height: 10 cm

That's a start for him.  I bought some bright colored chalk for my next chalkboard project - like  I need another one. 
MÃ…LA Chalk assorted colors Length: 3 3/8 " Package quantity: 24 pack  Length: 8.5 cm Package quantity: 24 pack
He bought some dishes
FÄRGRIK 18-piece dinnerware set white

What a great kid!  He just grins when I tell him there will be blog posts dedicated to his cute new house!  Hehe - little does he know... Just trying not to TOTALLY embarrass him  :)
Plus, he's moving in on his birthday this week
 Friday the 13th!  That's today!


Here is my sweet guy as a toddler


And here he is now!  Keep smiling Jacer.  I  will try promise not to embarass you  :)
Jace Strandberg
Birthday cookout at his new place - can't wait to show pix soon.  
And first post and tute of his patio furniture redo.





5 comments:

  1. We have an IKEA somewhat close by. My kids went crazy the first time we went. They thought it was better than Disneyland.

    I love your sons new home. It surprised me when I saw the photo of your former little guy. He looks a lot like my husband as a boy. I'm guessing your son is now quite dashing, like my husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very handsome son! and you are such an adorable and a loving mom to make one happy post dedicated to him and his..IKEA stuffs..lol! have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Grumpy Grateful Mom
    Too cute that your kids thought IKEA was better than Disneyland! :) I can't begin to imagine what it looks like through the eyes of a child!
    He did grow up (fast) to be a dashing guy like your hubby. Just like those cute sons of yours will too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Marelie
    Thanks so much Marelie! It's fun and gives me a whole new reason to hit the thrift shops, yard sales, etc. He and a friend with a huge truck are headed back to IKEA today. I'm jealous!
    Have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great score! We have an IKEA about 40 minutes away. Love that place! Especially the kids place where they'll babysit for an hour. Great when you have a 5 and 7 year old who like to touch things in stores.

    I'm following you in return, liking what I see already!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you are here! Please leave a comment or note or whatever it takes so I can get to know you too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover