Monday, January 10, 2011

Recycled Can from our Chicken Chili



Well - as our Chicken Chili for dinner was simmering, I really wanted to do some crafting.  I have a couple projects I hope to finish tommorow since we just might be snowed in here in Piedmont North Carolina.  :)
So I looked at the empty cans and the black burlap scraps I have from my other project.  This is how it went down!
Started with this stuff - washed can, black burlap, ribbon and Mod Podge.  {I'm starting to become a big fan}  

Cut some burlap to fit the can with extra at the top to fold over those rough edges.  As I said this was a sort of "impromptu" deal so I cheated and used the finished edge of the burlap at the bottom so I didn't have to fold it under, or do anything else, to have a finshed edge.  Then, I covered the can with Mod Podge and {OOPS} forgot to take a picture but you know what I'm talking about.

Wrapped it around the can and folded the end under - used  more Mod Podge for this.


Glued some ribbon around the can with the glue gun (I was out of my Liquid Stitch).  I really really wanted a bow on this and I tried,  I truly tried but as I have said before - I need real help with bow making.  Just isn't happening, so if you know of a great tutorial for me that would be awesome:)   I happened to have these wooden disks and a Sharpie so, as the chili was about to be served, I tried my hand at this monogram.  I apologize - this was thrown together in 20 minutes and could be so much more.  There are many possibilities here but the best is knowing this is one can that won't add to our landfill!  

Party links

Homemaker on a Dime-Creative Bloggers Party & Hop

TUESDAY
Coastal Charm - Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays
Today's Creative Blog - Get Your Craft On



2 comments:

  1. Hi, Mimi! I'm admiring all the creativity in your blog so can you please share them at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? You can find us here: http://www.homemakeronadime.com/2011/05/creative-bloggers-party-hop-050111.html.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You came :) Really appreciate you sharing this great post with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you are here! Please leave a comment or note or whatever it takes so I can get to know you too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover